Noni's Epic Adventure Noni's Epic Adventure

This game works, so the programing isn't bad, although it's lacking in creativity it's just a basic featureless platformer engine. If you really want to catch peoples' eyes you should add in more, it's ART you can create what ever the heck you want! You could add bosses, power ups, experimental game mechanics, a story, multiplayer, a level editor sandbox, anything!

And secondly, the enemies were just siting ducks, some AI, movement, different classes, projectiles, varied weak spots all would spice the game up.

And lastly, you really have got to work on your background tile layouts, the themes, material and edges, outlines were very sloppy and chaotic.

But on the bright side the animation was good, the characters were cute and the game was somewhat challenging.

It's way better than boring box games, so you have potential, keep t it.

~Pixel out

SpikeMan SpikeMan

This game is soo addictive! I love a good vertical avoider game, everything here is fun, except for the spiky head gets a bit annoying, you always have to dodge the balloon then if you have enough hang time position yourself above the balloon and the stomp, it might be a knit pick but such a simple game shouldn't have too much micromanaging.
But the art is well done and the speed and the music make it really exciting. Keep at it. Over all amazing game.

Ms. Mallow Ms. Mallow

I love the art style of this game, it's so cute and creative! But the song gets dull after a while, and the level select is a jumbled mess, and doesn't show all of the levels.

Since it's got an arcade feel to it, it really doesn't need a story but it still leaves you wondering what's going on.

Over all it's a decent game, but it seems like you could have added more to the game mechanics. Like a varied jump height depending on how long you hold the button, some more interactive objects, and enemy attack patterns.
Good job.

lbranjord responds:

Yes the game has a terrible untested GUI due to being a mobile port. I was desperate for feedback and pushed it out quick and moved on to the next game. So sorry you had to put up with that. I also planned on additional features, should it gain any positive reviews or downloads. I think between this and android, I should be able to tell whether it needs a full build out or whether it was another learning step for me as a developer.

I appreciate your feedback a lot!

Newgrounds: Retaliation Newgrounds: Retaliation

pretty solid engine you've got here.

The story was well thought out. The game runs at a decent speed if you adjust the quality to low.(still a bit too slow though, but almost reasonable) The whole wave system added a good challenge. Although I bumped into 2 glitches the last spider in wave 10 crawled into the ceiling (school upper left) and got trapped there and one time I bumped into an uncollectable power up.

Overall it was pretty good.I like your Pico redesign too.

HINTS!!
the badguys can shoot at each other so if your surrounded duck!

a safe point in the school is at the bottom right side of the stage under the ledge keep hopping on the wall (hold downs S) until you recooperate

(common sence) if you have the higher ground on a hill you have a slight advantage

Bulletsss Bulletsss

Spectacular job games like this are rare!

I've always wanted to play a platform game where you have the ability to launch your self any where at any time! Thanks for making this game. The only thing that made this game a bit annoying was the fact that the character was completely transparent witch made not to easy to keep track of his position when he walked in front of a background object.

It wasn't that much of a problem though but if your going to make a sequel it would be best not to over look that. Overall it was a fun game though. Bravo! You spent your time well.

Geo-Wars Geo-Wars

I'll actually write a real review

Yes this game might not be something new.
But how else is he going to learn? To learn how to walk on your own you need to first copy off of the big guys. I thought it was pretty good.
And unlike lots of games sent by the new guys here it was actually enjoyable up to an extent.
Cons for the game would be that the pace is too quick
and it gets difficult too fast. Keep practicing and one day the trolls will eat their words.( :

AmazingAdam4 responds:

Thank you very much; am pretty tired of the negativity here. :)

Bunny Flags Bunny Flags

Spectacular game!

Good job! This game is the equivalent of Smileys War! It keeps you hooked, it has appealing characters in a war environment. And has a bunch of awesome things to unlock as a bonus! There's no doubt I'm recommending for a collection.

Pixel Purge Pixel Purge

Wonderful game very professional

Well I guess since I named myself thepixelizer I must write a review for this right? Here goes!

The music in this game is epic! The many colors of all the pixels everywhere were so dazzling I forgot to blink. The game play was fun challenging and addictive. Personally I don't like leveling up but this game made it fun because you get to chose the rewards!

The story however about pixel art is half true though, some people do hate pixel art but I wouldn't say it's going through dark times it's doing just fine. In fact there are a few games with 3d pixel art in them! (And 3d games often use pixels for textures.) Yeahhh I'll shut up now...

Ping Revenge of the Pixel Ping Revenge of the Pixel

You got me there...

I can't say this game needs improved graphics because it's pong! "The first video game"

I'm giving this a 7 because of it's good game play. Being able to reflect enemies and shoot at them is what make this game boldly stand out from the rest. And the idea of giving pong a story well... who could have seen that coming?

With a skilled artist some cut scenes to show you've reached the next level and an ending I can imagine there being a sequel.

Galdon responds:

I'll keep those tips in mind, I always want to improve :)

Helicopter 1.1 Helicopter 1.1

It wasn't mind numbingly awesome but...

I've seen worse way worse, I say add a mercy rule and make the helicopter stay suspended for a short while in the air after the count down so your brain can adjust to the transition, and if you make the gravity less intense it would be easier to get more time in the game.
Over all it was pretty good for a first submission.