The INFRINGERS | The Game is Afoot (Episode 6) The INFRINGERS | The Game is Afoot (Episode 6)

HA HA HA! The script never fails, these characters are so funny the style is pretty retro.
And the fact that they're never shown in action makes them seem even more incompetent.

I love these, do continue :)

RocketAdrift responds:

Thanks so much! ^_^

Sid's off day Sid's off day

Pretty retro cartoon vibe you've got going on here, pretty inspirational, although it needs improvements.
The animation was slow and choppy, try animating at a faster frame speed add more easing in and out.
You've got the main idea down for animation, with going for the extreme poses, but you've got to add more frames inbetween them.(baby steps onion skinning) Your character would deform a lot less and not be less stiff if you made a rough draft animation first backgrounds and sound effects are pretty important too.

On the good side at least the characters are appealing and there is a story.
But if you take those facts it wouldn't hurt.

00AL240 responds:

Thank you for the advice.

Avengers vs AIM Avengers vs AIM

Great animation, but the anatomy is off, the torsos were square and fat and stubby, A muscular male torso is usually thinner at the hips and wider at the chest, and for a female torsos the thinnest part is at the middle of the torso (like an hour glass), the torso for normal adults should be proportioned about 2 and a half heads tall, or else they'll look too short, and the most important part, the part that most artist's miss is the spine, it has to have a curve to it from the side, if it doesn't, it makes them look like a cylinder and just unnatural.

But what really made this movie shine was the animation, not even most tv cartoons put that many frames into their fight scenes as you did, the special effects were good the sound timing was in good sync and the shading was awesome! (I have no clue how you did that.)
Overall good movie. Hopefully your next one will be even better!

Don't take this the wrong way I'm just trying to help. Keep at it!

Psyder92 responds:

Thanks a lot for that complete review, and no worries, I really appreciate critics, good or bad.

CornerStories: Chapter One CornerStories: Chapter One

HA Ha Ha! You're animation shortcuts are hilarious! Although the story could of been better, it's missing a goal, an antagonist, and conflict, but on the bright side at least your characters are likable, (and that's one of the most important parts to any story) I'd like to see more Mr.Blah. Hope fully you'll make a sequel.

RedmanComics responds:

Thanks man, I really appreciate how specific you are about what you liked and didn't like. I'm aware the story was decidedly weak, I plan on being more elaborate in future episodes (which I am going to make, so yup there's gonna be a sequel). But yeah, thanks for your thoughts.

New Kirby Fan Character-Keith New Kirby Fan Character-Keith

I'm going to be honest this wasn't so great, The quality of the video was over compressed, Keith also looked squashed at 00:13.
The explosions weren't even animated. The animation was choppy too, I suggest animating at a higher frames per second.

Although the sound timing was pretty good, and the music choice was fitting.
Keep at it though, with experience you'll get better.

StupidKirbyFan responds:

yes,i know the quality isn't that good. I will fix this problem for the next video

The Water Elemental Battle The Water Elemental Battle

Not too bad,
but the camera needs more attention if you zoom in, move the camera, or capture different angles it would be far more entertaining. Furthermore a higher frame rate can really make a world of difference, yes it's more work, but at east it makes the animation look smoother.

I suggest looking at some tutorials, there are plenty of them on this site in the wiki under artist resources. And look around youtube for tutorials too.
Happy spriting.

~Pixel out

hanzo1 responds:

First off sorry for getting back to you all late. I been busy, I thank for the tips mr. Pixelizer. I'll look into trying new camera angles. I should of took my video production angles into consideration in this project. The frame rate on some parts are at the max but some are not, but I should have just kept them at the max and added more frames. maybe someday during my winter vacation from collage ill remake this animation and spend more time on editing it. Thanks again thepixelizer I thank you your comment

p.s. great animations interesting work

Refills Ain't Free Refills Ain't Free

I've seen this movie so many times and it never gets old! The story was hilarious! I love a good fight over food. The characters were amusing that guy in the shades must be like a judo master! The only thing this cartoon is missing is a more detailed background. But over all it's well done.

The ATM The ATM

I've noticed that in a lot of your cartoons you don't have much of a story and they are paced excruciatingly too slow. Also the main character is just hard to look at and is not very interesting.

I suggest you make a storyboard before you start animating. The most important part to any story is giving the main character a goal, and to add problems and stop him/her from reaching it.
Also if you want to keep the same main character I suggest you make another character with more personality.

Also most of his adventures are just feature him doing boring everyday task like eating, being on the computer, talking on a phone. Make your cartoon more exciting or dramatic or funny.
Come on now it's a cartoon! Unleash your imagination, anything can happen in a cartoon.

Newgrounds Channel Trailer Newgrounds Channel Trailer

The animation is very choppy (not smooth) , you should add more frames in between poses. What did you make this in Paint? I assume you have Flash, because it streams using Swivel.

If you did make this in Flash, you should look at some tutorials about using the pen tool, with this tool you can make characters that act like puppets, you can simply turn them into movie clips, and rotate, resize etc.

I personally hate making flash animations that way, but it's a perfect start for one who doesn't have a drawing tablet.

If you want to keep using paint for your graphics, I suggest you should learn how to make 8bit art, aka spriting, there are plenty of tutorials online about that.

If you want your flashes to pass judgement you must be always wiling to improve, there's so much
to learn about art. So keep an open mind and keep learning. Even if you fail.

All together the movie delivered when it came to timing with the music.

A Half Full Xmas Short A Half Full Xmas Short

Comedy is timing

Any reviewer can tell you that making fun of disabled people isn't funny, but the truth is you can make anything funny it's just how you present it. You can even make something as awful a persons death funny if you present it in the way you want the audience to see it.

The cartoon looked awesome the characters were very appealing and original the voice acting was alright too.

Its just that the timing was off a bit. Why am I making a big deal about a teaser? So all of your efforts won't end up a failure in the upcoming movie. This movie looks enjoyable and it would be a real disappointment to see it fail.

I'm not a master at timing but my best advice would be to go back and do a rough draft story board (comic) place the still frames out across the time line in the way you think is right and cut or add some frames to get the timing just right. And most importantly don't forget to take a second look at your movie. Hopefully this helps so you can win that holiday grand prize.

TDK1987 responds:

Hi, thanks for the review. I'll look into the timing issues; just out of interest was there a particular bit where the timing was off or just the general flow of the animation?