View Profile thepixelizer

38 Movie Reviews

Wow this is way better than your last one. The animation isn’t too slow the camera angles are better. The only things it is lacking was good character lighting and a detailed background.

The lighting needs work they were almost completely silhouettes try learning some three point lighting.
The background could use more detail as well, I assume he was in a city, you could add more meshes like buildings windows, pillars, doors, make side walks and fire hydrants etc. Of course you don’t have to make everything yourself , , , you can find set meshes online for free.

But overall it was pretty fun to watch and well paced. Good job.

I’m not going to lie it looks like you just stole some images from the net and turned them into puppets. The styles are not too consistent either. If you have trouble drawing you could always get an artist to help on here through the forums or the Collabinator some are even willing to help for free.

For what it is the animation was pretty stiff. Gestures usually make talking scenes more interesting.

The joke is also pretty old too, try a little harder next time.

The story is okay but the pacing is agonizingly slow.
Might want to limit your amount of dialogue, listening to characters tell the whole story isn’t as entertaining as seeing it go down. As John Lasseter maker of Toy Story said “Show don’t tell.”

You can actually make an entire cartoon story without a character saying a single word, like Wall e or many of Pixar’s shorts or Dad’s Home here on Newgrounds.

Overall it’s animated okay except the walk cycles didn’t have their heads bob up and down, the backgrounds are almost nonexistent and lack detail. The interior of a house would usually have furniture lamps, appliances, shelves doors and random decor etc.

The jokes were okay, I laughed at the mermaids bad voice.
The video could have been more enjoyable if the jokes weren’t so far apart from each other though.

Balancing a plot is easier said than done though, hopefully you’ll reach that point.
Well keep doing what you love.

17 Game Reviews

This game is soo addictive! I love a good vertical avoider game, everything here is fun, except for the spiky head gets a bit annoying, you always have to dodge the balloon then if you have enough hang time position yourself above the balloon and the stomp, it might be a knit pick but such a simple game shouldn't have too much micromanaging.
But the art is well done and the speed and the music make it really exciting. Keep at it. Over all amazing game.

I love the art style of this game, it's so cute and creative! But the song gets dull after a while, and the level select is a jumbled mess, and doesn't show all of the levels.

Since it's got an arcade feel to it, it really doesn't need a story but it still leaves you wondering what's going on.

Over all it's a decent game, but it seems like you could have added more to the game mechanics. Like a varied jump height depending on how long you hold the button, some more interactive objects, and enemy attack patterns.
Good job.

lbranjord responds:

Yes the game has a terrible untested GUI due to being a mobile port. I was desperate for feedback and pushed it out quick and moved on to the next game. So sorry you had to put up with that. I also planned on additional features, should it gain any positive reviews or downloads. I think between this and android, I should be able to tell whether it needs a full build out or whether it was another learning step for me as a developer.

I appreciate your feedback a lot!

pretty solid engine you've got here.

The story was well thought out. The game runs at a decent speed if you adjust the quality to low.(still a bit too slow though, but almost reasonable) The whole wave system added a good challenge. Although I bumped into 2 glitches the last spider in wave 10 crawled into the ceiling (school upper left) and got trapped there and one time I bumped into an uncollectable power up.

Overall it was pretty good.I like your Pico redesign too.

HINTS!!
the badguys can shoot at each other so if your surrounded duck!

a safe point in the school is at the bottom right side of the stage under the ledge keep hopping on the wall (hold downs S) until you recooperate

(common sence) if you have the higher ground on a hill you have a slight advantage

17 Audio Reviews

Hey! You're pretty good at this! It's got a catchy beat. It even has percussion, which some starters neglect. Keep at it!

XmegaE150 responds:

Thanks for your feedback :)
Even if it's one of my very first songs x)

Not bad, it's on key, it has percussion, and it is a bit catchy which is good. It could use a stronger more noticeable breakdown though. Other than that good job!

Slashscreen responds:

Thank you! I hope to get better- I’m learning the piano now so maybe that will help

Absolutely beautiful!

73 Art Reviews

Super blurry, you can rescale animated gif.s with this browser tool.
When recalling pixel art it's best to set the scaling ratio to hundreds like, 200,300,400 etc., otherwise it will be very blurry or distorted.

What a very unique design the color and shapes really pop, I love it!

Castlervania responds:

thank

I'm absolutely liking this one.
A background wouldn't hurt though.

RoadBlockTron responds:

I could start adding backgrounds to my sprites, though I might start that with my next character project, but thank you for your comment.

I call myself the artistic handyman I know pixel art, vector art, CGI art, animation, game development, the basics of music, writing, character design, sculpting, and comics.

28, Male