View Profile thepixelizer

40 Movie Reviews

Well the style hasn’t changed, and the story is still nonexistent. I don’t know everything about the craft but you can succeed with lackluster animation, it just needs more depth in the story and dialogue.

When making a story I always add these things.

A goal:
The character has to want something. This is the consistent glue that holds a story together. You must set up a clear goal for the main character as soon as you can in the story, or else it will all seem random and disjointed.

conflict:
Things that impede a character from reaching his or her goal.

internal conflict:
Characters with flaws are way more interesting, just because they’re flawed doesn’t mean they’re evil.
Internal conflict is something the character doesn’t want to do, is scared of, or feels insecure about.
Without internal conflict the hero doesn’t seem relatable, and seems emotionally unlinked from everything that’s happening around them. This is why some horror movies seem funny. It’s because the audience just can’t connect with the characters because they’re just stereotypes or unflawed.

Antagonist:
The antagonist usually has a goal that directly clashes with the hero. It doesn’t always even need to be another character it can be nature or the character’s own self (doubts or thoughts etc.)

A good villain:
If you do pick another living thing to be the antagonist. If he’s just a mustache twirling man in a black suit, that has no reason for any his many crimes against the hero; then it will seem more like he’s a force of nature than a character.

Every good villain believes that they’re the hero, has a goal that clashes with the hero, and if you want to make the villain more interesting give him or her some good traits, no one is all evil or all good.
The more challenging the bad guy is stronger your hero seems.
Although not every story has to end in bloodshed the hero could just talk it out.
Or as most Disney movies go the bad guy can mess up and get himself killed. (there’s also jail)
One technique I learned to improve my story skills is to write the villain’s story even if it is mostly off camera.

Climax:
Every story needs one. It’s the dramatic point toward the end where the antagonist and protagonist clash, like a fight, a chase, a natural disaster, or the time when the hero must face his or her fears or internal conflict.

As for dialogue, you would most likely need two characters. You can’t really get that kind of thing if the main is talking to the audience.
There’s no one right way to do dialogue (same for plot).
Personally I usually give most characters a unique way of conveying a message, some of my characters speak slang, others don’t talk at all and use body language, some only say one thing, some are rude, some are too nice, others are straight up dumb, relationships is usually what usually makes banter more interesting.

I know this is “The Sergio Show” but since it has the same feel as a talk show, so why not invite guests? You can team up with anyone on here with the forums and collabinator help board.
People will even do voice work for free on here as well, who doesn’t want to be in a cartoon right? And if you have stranger danger just ask a friend or relative.(if you can)
I’m sure you know that animation is tough with only one person behind the scenes. But if you team up with other artists and if they have a bigger following than you, you’ll get more fans and views.

In fact I would probably only still have 70 subs if I never opened up and just interacted with other people on this site.
You can’t alway just take you must also give to make followers.

Well hopefully you take my advice, you’ve got an incredible amount of drive the most I’ve ever seen! You just need the people and the tools.
The fastest way to level up in art is to do some research, get out of your comfort zone, and try new things.

That was some pretty hilarious stuff!
The bad audio quality made it hard to understand the plot, I had to rewatch it to get a handle on what was going on.

It also would have helped if you showed the antagonist going on a rampage to get his “freedom fries” right after they mention it to build the tension.

I liked it though good stuff.

Wow this is way better than your last one. The animation isn’t too slow the camera angles are better. The only things it is lacking was good character lighting and a detailed background.

The lighting needs work they were almost completely silhouettes try learning some three point lighting.
The background could use more detail as well, I assume he was in a city, you could add more meshes like buildings windows, pillars, doors, make side walks and fire hydrants etc. Of course you don’t have to make everything yourself , , , you can find set meshes online for free.

But overall it was pretty fun to watch and well paced. Good job.

16 Game Reviews

This game is soo addictive! I love a good vertical avoider game, everything here is fun, except for the spiky head gets a bit annoying, you always have to dodge the balloon then if you have enough hang time position yourself above the balloon and the stomp, it might be a knit pick but such a simple game shouldn't have too much micromanaging.
But the art is well done and the speed and the music make it really exciting. Keep at it. Over all amazing game.

pretty solid engine you've got here.

The story was well thought out. The game runs at a decent speed if you adjust the quality to low.(still a bit too slow though, but almost reasonable) The whole wave system added a good challenge. Although I bumped into 2 glitches the last spider in wave 10 crawled into the ceiling (school upper left) and got trapped there and one time I bumped into an uncollectable power up.

Overall it was pretty good.I like your Pico redesign too.

HINTS!!
the badguys can shoot at each other so if your surrounded duck!

a safe point in the school is at the bottom right side of the stage under the ledge keep hopping on the wall (hold downs S) until you recooperate

(common sence) if you have the higher ground on a hill you have a slight advantage

I'll actually write a real review

Yes this game might not be something new.
But how else is he going to learn? To learn how to walk on your own you need to first copy off of the big guys. I thought it was pretty good.
And unlike lots of games sent by the new guys here it was actually enjoyable up to an extent.
Cons for the game would be that the pace is too quick
and it gets difficult too fast. Keep practicing and one day the trolls will eat their words.( :

AmazingAdam4 responds:

Thank you very much; am pretty tired of the negativity here. :)

17 Audio Reviews

Hey! You're pretty good at this! It's got a catchy beat. It even has percussion, which some starters neglect. Keep at it!

XmegaE150 responds:

Thanks for your feedback :)
Even if it's one of my very first songs x)

Not bad, it's on key, it has percussion, and it is a bit catchy which is good. It could use a stronger more noticeable breakdown though. Other than that good job!

Slashscreen responds:

Thank you! I hope to get better- I’m learning the piano now so maybe that will help

Absolutely beautiful!

77 Art Reviews

Amazing job! She looks even more adorable in your style! Thanks for the fan art I really appreciate it.

It’s like a more handy version of an Orbinaut!
Absolutely adorable!

When upscaling pixel art it's best to upscale by hundreds like 100, 200, or 300. Or else it will look blurry. If you don't have a program that does that you can always use https://lospec.com/pixel-art-scaler/

froggydafroggy responds:

thanks for the site. i must have put in the wrong version. thank you!

A passive, funny, and humble guy, comics are my main thing. I've been at this for my entire life, and in result I've wound up with over 300 original characters (at the moment) sheesh!
I love videogames and swiss rolls.

28, Male